Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karen Goh <ka...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/09/25 09:00:59 UTC

it takes very long for Tomcat Server to start etc

Hi experts,

Recently, the Tomcat server - version 9.0.24 for Windows 10 is acting very strangely.  It takes very very long for it to start.

Furthermore, I have problem in using it for debug in Eclipse.

Usually, I will start the server before right click on the jsp page that I want to debug.

The VM argument as follows:
-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=y

The JVM will start but when the web page appear, it will say that the port -the configuration port along with the other ports - Tomcat admin port and ACP port are in used.

I tried to kill it but the problem will appear again and again.

Using stackoverflow as reference, I have put in this line in the run configuration
Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom
but no help.

I have deleted the Tomcat and re-installed new instances but no help.

Please advise what can I do to let Tomcat run again and be able to do debug again normally.

Thanks for your help!

Karen