Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ashic Mahtab <as...@live.com> on 2015/05/15 17:39:32 UTC

ODBC connector, UDTs and Tableau

Hello,I'm playing with DataStax's ODBC connector for Cassandra and have noticed something...well...broken.
If I have a keyspace with tables that don't have a UDT column (even though the UDT is created), things work fine. However, the moment I add a table that has a UDT column, nothing works. I'm using Cassandra 2.1.5 with the latest version of Tableau.
Has anybody else come across this issue? Is there a workaround?
Regards,Ashic.

Re: ODBC connector, UDTs and Tableau

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Ashic Mahtab <as...@live.com> wrote:

> I'm playing with DataStax's ODBC connector for Cassandra and have noticed
> something...well...broken.
>
> If I have a keyspace with tables that don't have a UDT column (even though
> the UDT is created), things work fine. However, the moment I add a table
> that has a UDT column, nothing works. I'm using Cassandra 2.1.5 with the
> latest version of Tableau.
>
> Has anybody else come across this issue? Is there a workaround?

Sounds like a bug? The total number of people doing what you are doing is
likely quite low at this time.

I'd :

1) look for the support tracker for the ODBC connector
2) look for this issue in it
3) failing 2, file said issue
4) let the list know the URL of the ultimate issue

=Rob