Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2005/08/01 07:31:32 UTC

Re: Harmony Podlling Quarterly Report

On Monday 01 August 2005 04:44, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On 7/31/05, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > Or is USA so much different from the rest of the world, where "in good
> > faith", "intent of the law", "reasonable" and "common sense" still have
> > legal meaning?
>
> You didn't read Groklaw in the last three years, didn't you? :-)

Talking about groklaw.net?? Not on a daily basis... Got better things to do
;o)

> Btw, what's the meaning of these words in the rest of the world,
> thinking of legal cases like w2p.odem.org
> (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/08/german_web_freedom_case/)

Not sure what you are referring to here. AFAIK, Freedom of Speech in Germany
have had the "nazi restriction" in the legal system since "Zero Hour", making
references to (neo)nazism in most forms a crime.
So, IMHO, this is a 'stupid law' (as I think it only fuel the fire) but it
exists, is fairly explicit and have had political agenda for a long time.
AFAIK, there are similar laws in France.

> Nutzwerk vs. FFII (http://wiki.ffii.org/NutzwerkDns050729En)?

Hard to get an idea of what this is all about, and can't really make a
comment. FFII says that they are "harassed" by Nutzwerk, and won 2
litigations, and a 3rd in progress. And that Nutzwerk tries to exploit the
above law, to shut FFII down. But I may have misinterpreted the situation.
Not sure what "lack of common sense" or similar you are referring to.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Harmony Podlling Quarterly Report

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/05, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Monday 01 August 2005 04:44, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> > On 7/31/05, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > > Or is USA so much different from the rest of the world, where "in good
> > > faith", "intent of the law", "reasonable" and "common sense" still have
> > > legal meaning?
> >
> > You didn't read Groklaw in the last three years, didn't you? :-)
>
> Talking about groklaw.net?? Not on a daily basis... Got better things to do
> ;o)
>
> > Btw, what's the meaning of these words in the rest of the world,
> > thinking of legal cases like w2p.odem.org
> > (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/08/german_web_freedom_case/)
>
> Not sure what you are referring to here. AFAIK, Freedom of Speech in Germany
> have had the "nazi restriction" in the legal system since "Zero Hour", making
> references to (neo)nazism in most forms a crime.
> So, IMHO, this is a 'stupid law' (as I think it only fuel the fire) but it
> exists, is fairly explicit and have had political agenda for a long time.
> AFAIK, there are similar laws in France.
>
> > Nutzwerk vs. FFII (http://wiki.ffii.org/NutzwerkDns050729En)?
>
> Hard to get an idea of what this is all about, and can't really make a
> comment. FFII says that they are "harassed" by Nutzwerk, and won 2
> litigations, and a 3rd in progress. And that Nutzwerk tries to exploit the
> above law, to shut FFII down. But I may have misinterpreted the situation.
> Not sure what "lack of common sense" or similar you are referring to.
>

> Cheers
> Niclas

What are the first steps on the moon, compared to your child's?