Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by An...@emc.com on 2012/07/30 21:25:35 UTC

What are the basic Hadoop Java Classes?

Could someone give me a list of the basic Java classes that are needed
to run a program in Hadoop?  By basic classes I mean classes like Mapper
and Reducer that are essential in running programs in Hadoop.

Thanks,

Andrew Botelho

EMC Corporation

55 Constitution Blvd., Franklin, MA

andrew.botelho@emc.com

Mobile: 508-813-2026

Re: What are the basic Hadoop Java Classes?

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.3/mapred_tutorial.html

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: What are the basic Hadoop Java Classes?

Posted by Dave Beech <da...@paraliatech.com>.
Mapper, Reducer, Configuration, Job / JobConf and Tool. All pretty
essential. Plus InputFormats and OutputFormats, FileSystem and Path. Don't
forget Partitioners and Comparators.

Hope that helps!