Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Joseph Carew <jc...@kana.com> on 2002/10/21 17:26:57 UTC

Thin client for applets?

Is anyone working on thinning out the client code so it can be used from an
applet without signing all of the jars and adding entries to java.policy?
There are a myriad of issues ranging from accessing System.getProperty to
logging to getting class loaders that break using the Axis client code.  Was
this use case just not in the picture when Axis was designed?

Re: Thin client for applets?

Posted by "Grant Echols (JanusLogix)" <ge...@januslogix.com>.
I haven't seen anyone respond on this thread so I'll poke in.

I found the same problem and we really don't want to be signing applets, etc. so we found a lightweight SOAP 1.1 client on sourceforge.net - Spheon JSoap. We've found it works really well so far but I we have fairly limited needs. Check it out to see if it works for you:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/spheon-jsoap/

Later,

Grant