Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2013/06/15 13:10:31 UTC

Re: type 3 fonts and PDPage.createImage

Hi Fred,

Am 09.06.2013 16:39, schrieb Fred Hansen:
> Thanks for taking on my problem with type 3 fonts.
>
> The most serious issue in my proposed patch is the change to the signature of
> PDFont.drawString. I even removed the deprecated version. Another issue is the
> removal of Type3StreamParser.java. My submission does not contain much
> discussion of these changes. If I can explain better, please let me know.
Thanks for the contribution. I'm working on a patch based on your proposal. In a
first step I'll address 2.0 so that some API changes will be included, e.g. the
drawString stuff is going to be moved to the PageDrawer class, as we want to
reduce or better remove all awt-stuff used in the PDFont classes.

I'll see if I'm able to backport the patch to 1.8.3 without too much effort.

However, I'll document all changes in PDFBOX-1628.

> Fred Hansen

P.S.: I've cc'ed users-mailinglist as we prefer to communicate in the open.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: type 3 fonts and PDPage.createImage

Posted by Fred Hansen <zw...@yahoo.com>.
thanks

--- On Sat, 6/15/13, Andreas Lehmkuehler  wrote:

&gt; From: Andreas Lehmkuehler
&gt; Subject: Re: type 3 fonts and PDPage.createImage
&gt; To: &quot;users@pdfbox.apache.org&quot;
&gt; Cc: &quot;Fred Hansen&quot;
&gt; Date: Saturday, June 15, 2013, 7:10 AM
&gt; Hi Fred,
&gt;
&gt; Am 09.06.2013 16:39, schrieb Fred Hansen:
&gt; &gt; Thanks for taking on my problem with type 3 fonts.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; The most serious issue in my proposed patch is the
&gt; change to the signature of
&gt; &gt; PDFont.drawString. I even removed the deprecated
&gt; version. Another issue is the
&gt; &gt; removal of Type3StreamParser.java. My submission does
&gt; not contain much
&gt; &gt; discussion of these changes. If I can explain better,
&gt; please let me know.
&gt; Thanks for the contribution. I&#39;m working on a patch based on
&gt; your proposal. In a
&gt; first step I&#39;ll address 2.0 so that some API changes will be
&gt; included, e.g. the
&gt; drawString stuff is going to be moved to the PageDrawer
&gt; class, as we want to
&gt; reduce or better remove all awt-stuff used in the PDFont
&gt; classes.
&gt;
&gt; I&#39;ll see if I&#39;m able to backport the patch to 1.8.3 without
&gt; too much effort.
&gt;
&gt; However, I&#39;ll document all changes in PDFBOX-1628.
&gt;
&gt; &gt; Fred Hansen
&gt;
&gt; P.S.: I&#39;ve cc&#39;ed users-mailinglist as we prefer to
&gt; communicate in the open.
&gt;
&gt; BR
&gt; Andreas Lehmkühler