Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/16 11:22:20 UTC

Re: Timestamp Precision In Milliseconds Configuration At Proxy Level

Hi Rampart folks,

Is this possible (please see the original mail from Alexandre in the
bottom)? if yes can we get this in to the next Rampart release targeting for
the axis2 1.4 release? I know we are very near the deadline :-)

Thanks Alexandre. You could use the JIRA to attach these files, because we
need a license grant from the author of the code for a particular code to go
in to any of the apache projects and JIRA gives the option to state that
with the patch. :-)

Thanks,
Ruwan

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 2:05 PM, alexandre_garino <
alexandre.garino@experian-scorex.mc> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Do you know if its possible to deal with rampart - at the proxy
> configuration level - to disable milliseconds precision in timestamp
> through
> the Synapse configuration?
>
> Consuming .Net services with milliseconds doesn't work in my specific case
> and I had to apply the patch in attachment to disable the milliseconds.
> This
> patch is far to be perfect, because I change the global configuration
> instead of change the configuration at the message context.
>
> This patch allows to define the timestamp precision settings through the
> ramport config xml fragment enclosed in the policy file:
>
> <ramp:RampartConfig xmlns:ramp="http://ws.apache.org/rampart/policy">
>
> <ramp:timestampPrecisionInMilliseconds>false</ramp:timestampPrecisionInMilliseconds>
> </ramp:RampartConfig>
>
> If one of synapse commiters could push forward to the rampart commiters.
> They could improve and apply the patch to the trunk of rampart and
> consequently enabling such feature in Synapse.
>
> Regards,
> Alexandre
>

> http://www.nabble.com/file/p16718940/rampart-timestamp-precision-in-milliseconds.patch
> rampart-timestamp-precision-in-milliseconds.patch<http://www.nabble.com/file/p16718940/rampart-timestamp-precision-in-milliseconds.patchrampart-timestamp-precision-in-milliseconds.patch>

Ruwan Linton

Re: Timestamp Precision In Milliseconds Configuration At Proxy Level

Posted by alexandre_garino <al...@experian-scorex.mc>.
Works fine now. FYI, I built WSS4J, Axis2, Rampart and Synapse from revision
650025.

Regards,
Alexandre

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexandre,

Posted by alexandre_garino <al...@experian-scorex.mc>.
Nandana,

Posted by alexandre_garino <al...@experian-scorex.mc>.
Hi Nandana,

Thanks for your update. I built synapse this morning with your
modifications. I'll give it a try on next monday.

Say thank you to Experian ;o)

Regards,
Alexandre

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Nandana. That will be great.

Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton

Re: Timestamp Precision In Milliseconds Configuration At Proxy Level

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruwan/Alexandre.,

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruwan/Alexandre.,