Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sunil Sahu <Su...@KeaneIndia.Com> on 2004/07/17 06:25:08 UTC

RE: NEWBIE: how to submit a named html:form via javascript

Adam,

Name parameter in form tag is optional. If you want to submit your page then
u can do it by supplying onclick event for default form.

<action path="/help" name="helpActionForm" scope="request"
type="com.expensys.expensyswt.struts.action.DisplayHelp" />

    <map name="Map">
       <area shape="rect" coords="2,0,50,13" href=""
 onclick="javascript:document.forms[0].submit();" >
    </map>

nothing else is required.

sahu

If I understand you correctly, if I have this config in struts-config:

<action path="/help" name="helpActionForm" scope="request"
type="com.expensys.expensyswt.struts.action.DisplayHelp" />

Then I can use "javascript:document.helpActionForm.submit()" in the jsp file
to submit a form like this:

Is my understanding correct?

TIA - Adam

Posted by Buland Altaf <bu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi There,

Youi don't even need to give _javascript. As when your
jsp comples, it replaces your form tag attibute name
with the value u provided under action attribute name.
So if your acton tag is like this:-

<action path="/help" name="helpActionForm"
scope="request"
type="com.expensys.expensyswt.struts.action.DisplayHelp"
/>

Then you can use
"document.helpActionForm.submit()" in the jsp file
to submit a form like this:

Regards,
Buland

--- Sunil Sahu <Su...@KeaneIndia.Com> wrote:
> Adam,
>
> Name parameter in form tag is optional. If you want
> to submit your page then
> u can do it by supplying onclick event for default
> form.
>
> <action path="/help" name="helpActionForm"
> scope="request"

type="com.expensys.expensyswt.struts.action.DisplayHelp"
> />

>     <map name="Map">
>        <area shape="rect" coords="2,0,50,13" href=""
>
>  onclick="javascript:document.forms[0].submit();" >
>     </map>
>
> nothing else is required.
>
> sahu

=====

Buland Altaf Malik,
Software Engineer,
Softech System's(pvt)Ltd.
10/25 asad jan road lahore,cantt - 54810 Pakistan
Tel: 92-42-6665812 , 92-42-6660802

Mob: 0333-4344113
Fax: 92-42-6665792

http://www.softech.com.pk