Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Fabien ADAM <id...@crocobox.org> on 2006/07/28 09:55:34 UTC

svn: PROPFIND 405 Method Not Allowed

Hi,

I try to use subversion with an https server.
This server run gforge and can only be reach by https.

My repository is OK : I can checkout on the file and I can view it with
viewcvs on the server.

But I can't check it out with svn : $ svn checkout
https://svn.<server_name>/svn/template1
I've got the error below :

svn: Échec de la requête PROPFIND sur '/svn/template1'
svn: PROPFIND de '/svn/template1': 405 Method Not Allowed
(https://svn.<server_name>)

(<server_name> is my server name)

I've already search on google and find informations on access rules, but
it's not the problem in my case.
I think about a bad configuration of my apache daemon.

Last line of /var/log/httpd/access_log :
<ip> - - [28/Jul/2006:11:11:46 +0200] "PROPFIND /svn/template1 HTTP/1.1"
405 332 "-" "SVN/1.3.1 (r19032) neon/0.25.5"

(<ip> is the ip my client machine)

What is the meaning of "332" is this log file ?

A part of my apache conf file :
<VirtualHost <server_name>:443>
        ServerName svn.<server_name>.org
        DocumentRoot /svnroot
  <[..]>
</VirtualHost>

/svnroot is the folder where template1 folder is on the server.

Perhaps I've had to add "svn." to the line "<VirtualHost <server_name>:443>"
Perhaps Something is missing to use these lines while the client access
to the /svn path on the http server ?

I don't know much how to configure apache yet.

Thanks for yours answers.

Re: svn: PROPFIND 405 Method Not Allowed

Posted by Fabien ADAM <id...@crocobox.org>.
Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

>> /svnroot is the folder where template1 folder is on the server.
>>
>> Perhaps I've had to add "svn." to the line "<VirtualHost
>> <server_name>:443>"
>> Perhaps Something is missing to use these lines while the client access
>> to the /svn path on the http server ?
>>
>> I don't know much how to configure apache yet.
>

> Show us your entire VirtualHost directive for this virtual host.
> Excluding any SSL directives, it should look something like this:
>
> <VirtualHost *:443>
>     ServerName svn.example.org
>     # the document root should NOT be your /svnroot
>     # this would be the directory where you put your favicon.ico,
> robots.txt,
>     # any stylesheet files, icon images and similar things
>     DocumentRoot /somewhere
>     <Location /svn/>
>         DAV svn
>         SVNParentPath /svnroot
>         SVNListParentPath on
>         SVNPathAuthz off
>         #SVNIndexXSLT /index.xslt
>         AuthType Basic
>         AuthName "Example Repositories"
>         AuthUserFile /path/to/usersfile
>         Require valid-user
>     </Location>
> </VirtualHost>

Thanks for your answer.

According to your example, my directive is completly wrong. in fact I've
tried to adapt a directive about SCM but it doesn't look like your example.
So I will rewrite my directive with your example and others.

Re: svn: PROPFIND 405 Method Not Allowed

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 28, 2006, at 11:55, Fabien ADAM wrote:

> I try to use subversion with an https server.
> This server run gforge and can only be reach by https.
>
> My repository is OK : I can checkout on the file and I can view it
> with
> viewcvs on the server.
>
> But I can't check it out with svn : $ svn checkout
> https://svn.<server_name>/svn/template1
> I've got the error below :
>
> svn: Échec de la requête PROPFIND sur '/svn/template1'
> svn: PROPFIND de '/svn/template1': 405 Method Not Allowed
> (https://svn.<server_name>)
>
> (<server_name> is my server name)
>
> I've already search on google and find informations on access
> rules, but
> it's not the problem in my case.
> I think about a bad configuration of my apache daemon.
>
> Last line of /var/log/httpd/access_log :
> <ip> - - [28/Jul/2006:11:11:46 +0200] "PROPFIND /svn/template1 HTTP/
> 1.1"
> 405 332 "-" "SVN/1.3.1 (r19032) neon/0.25.5"
>
> (<ip> is the ip my client machine)
>
> What is the meaning of "332" is this log file ?

That's the size of the response in bytes. See:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats