Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net> on 2005/08/24 09:30:17 UTC

Integrating Graffito in Jetspeed-2 as PageManager for PSML

Graffito Dev Team,

For those that do not recognize me, I am a committer on the J2 portal team.

Although I have been threatening to do this for some time, I am finally
getting started on the integration of Graffito into J2 as a PageManager
component. The intent is to store the PSML that currently resides in the
file system in Graffito as XML documents. We will also want to leverage
many of Graffito's features in the J2 implementation, including security
and modification notification/timestamps.

There are new patches to the J2 svn HEAD version related to Connection
management, (see JS2-326), that should allow us to update the J2
deployment past the M3 support currently in place.

My personal goal is to commit this optional component into J2 for M4.

Of course, many thanks for developing, managing, and promoting Graffito.

Randy Watler

Re: Integrating Graffito in Jetspeed-2 as PageManager for PSML

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>.
El jue, 25-08-2005 a las 09:54 +0200, Raphaël Luta escribió:
> I actually discussed this issue with Noel Bergman (VP Incubator) at ApacheCon.
> >From his point of view, having a "release" of Graffito packaged with J2 M4 is
> fine as long as it helps build the community around Graffito and help
> the J2 and Graffito teams work together.
>
> So no issue there :)

Agreed. It would be fine if we take a snapshot build tagged with the
subversion revision number for J2-M4, specially since IP issues are
clean in Graffito. The process is tougher for projects coming from
donations where the paperwork is not yet done.

> Having a standalone Graffito release would still require to go through the
> usual Incubator release process.

This is not a tough requirement, BTW. Just some more voting stuff...

--
VP and Chair, Apache Portals (http://portals.apache.org)
Apache Software Foundation

Re: Integrating Graffito in Jetspeed-2 as PageManager for PSML

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
I actually discussed this issue with Noel Bergman (VP Incubator) at ApacheCon.
From his point of view, having a "release" of Graffito packaged with J2 M4 is

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/

Re: Integrating Graffito in Jetspeed-2 as PageManager for PSML

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Christophe/Raphael,

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Randy,

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Randy,

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
All/Michael,

Thanks for the feedback!

Have created a JIRA issue for this:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-350.

I copied this message there and a brief response.

Please comment further there if you can so that I can keep things together.

Randy

Jetspeed Jboss Class Loading config

Posted by Travis Ward <tr...@yahoo.com>.
I was able to deploy Jetspeed1.6 with fusion on Jboss
following the recommendations from
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-210.  My
question is there any way to get Jetspeed to work
without setting the follwing property in the
$JBOSS/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml

<atttribute
name="Java2ClassLoadingCompliance">false</attribute>

Setting this causes problems with multiple deployments
containing the same jars - different versions... and
jetspeed uses some older jars such as axis-1.1.jar.

I tried to use the jboss-web.xml to configure the
class loading specifically for jetspeed with no
success

 <class-loading java2ClassLoadingCompliance="false">
   <loader-repository>
     dot.com:loader=unique-archive-name
       <loader-repository-config>
         java2ParentDelegation=false
       </loader-repository-config>
   </loader-repository>
 </class-loading>

Thanks,

Travis

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Integrating Graffito in Jetspeed-2 as PageManager for PSML

Posted by "Dr. Michael Lipp" <Mi...@danet.de>.
Hello Randy,