Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/05/03 02:22:04 UTC

[axis2] FYI: WSDL2.0 primer ready for review

(My apologies for using the [axis2] prefix ..)

Guys, take a look at the WSDL2.0 primer please .. comments welcome.

Sanjiva.

Re: [axis2] FYI: WSDL2.0 primer ready for review

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
I stopped before 2.6.
I hope that these comments are what you are looking for. It is a pretty
well written document.  I am not a Web services user at this point but
it looks to be a very good starting point for my first excursion into
the world of Web Srvices.
Perhaps I will have more useful comments after I have wrestled with it
when I have a practical need.

Section 2.2
"2.0document" =>"2.0 document" (missing space)
Section 2.3
"good starting point in describing the service" "=>good starting point
for describing the service"
"We'll" =>We will (contractions can confuse non-native English
speakers)(occurs several places)

"We'll use XML Schema" =>"We will use an XML Schema"

"(though of course each element may have any amount of substructure
inside it)"=>"(although, of course, each element may have any amount of
substructure inside it)"

"Thus, a message type must not directly consist of a sequence of
elements or other complex type." The "or" is ambiguous or a plural is
missing. Which ofthe following are you trying to say?
Thus, a message type must not directly consist of a sequence of elements
or other complex types.
Thus, a message type must not directly consist of a sequence of elements
or be some other complex type.

2.3.1
We've (contraction)

The |ghns| namespace prefix will allow us (later, when defining an
interface) to reference the XML Schema target namespace that we define
for our message types.
When we define an interface, the |ghns| namespace prefix will allow us
to reference the XML Schema target namespace that we define for our
message types. (gets the interuption out of the middle of the sentence)

"Thus, the URI we specify must be" "Thus, the URI that we specify must be"
2.4.1
In following the link in the safe section  "This is further explained in
*5.4 Interface Operations*
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-primer.html#more-interfaces-operations>.",
I came to this sentence in 5.4.1
"An optional |safety| attribute whose value is a boolean indicating
whether the operation is asserted to be "safe" (as defined in Section
3.5 of the Web Architecture [Web Architecture
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-primer.html#webarch>])
for clients to invoke. In essence, a safe operation is any operation
that does not give the client any new obligations. " which leads to a
list of references in 8.2 of something rather than 3.5 of anything.

There are numerous places where commas would be a helpful addition.
"..., in general,..." ... and, in theory, could..."
2.5
"A binding specifies concrete message format and transmission protocol
details for an interface, and must supply such details for every
operation and fault in the interface." ??? Who must?

Ron