Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by 罗引 <lu...@ailab.pku.edu.cn> on 2004/12/12 05:37:37 UTC

svn: Malformed network data

Hi, everyone
	i am new in svn and i have trouble with error transfer between linux and winxp.When running the following command on winxp:

	svn list svn://162.105.80.22/putty

where the server is running on linux ,i get a respond like this:

	svn: Malformed network data

	When i do checkout, i get the same result .and when using "telnet 162.105.80.22 3690" to test the server,i get a line of
	"( 1 1 ( ANONYMOUS ) ( ) )"

however, it work smoothly when i run the same client commands on linux. Does it mean that i just get problems with winxp-linux transfer?

Anyone ever had that problem and found a solution?

Best regards!
	Joey Luo

Re: svn: Malformed network data

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"罗引"<lu...@ailab.pku.edu.cn> writes:
> Hi, everyone
> 	i am new in svn and i have trouble with error transfer between linux and winxp.When running the following command on winxp:
>
> 	svn list svn://162.105.80.22/putty
>
> where the server is running on linux ,i get a respond like this:
>
> 	svn: Malformed network data
>
> 	When i do checkout, i get the same result .and when using "telnet 162.105.80.22 3690" to test the server,i get a line of
> 	"( 1 1 ( ANONYMOUS ) ( ) )"
>
> however, it work smoothly when i run the same client commands on linux. Does it mean that i just get problems with winxp-linux transfer?
>
> Anyone ever had that problem and found a solution?

We'll need a lot more information.  Have you read

   http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/BUGS

about writing bug reports?  If not, please do.  Among other things: we
need to know the version number of client and server, the svnserve
command line, the type of repository (fsfs or bdb), your
authentication/authorization configuration, and anything else you can
think of.

I did a Google search on

   "svn: malformed network data" svnserve

and got a few hits.  Do any of those help you?

-Karl