Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw> on 2012/09/29 21:02:06 UTC

SVG Source of the Banners

Dear all,

    Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.  Is there any SVG source of the
banners:

http://www.apachecon.eu/about/publicise/

    So that I can join it with other pictures and help publicise the
conference?  Thank you very much in advance.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

Greenfoot Taiwan http://greenfoot.westart.tw/

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <DR...@primary.net>.
On 9/30/2012 6:43 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2012, imacat wrote:
>> Is there any SVG source of the banners:
>>    http://www.apachecon.eu/about/publicise/
>
> The sources for these are available as PSD files from
> http://www.apache.org/events/logos-banners/ApacheCon-2012-Europe/
>
> Nick

Right - I didn't generate SVG graphics as I didn't have a good way of
doing so. If it's Very Important to have them, I'll spend the 30 USD and
use svgmagic.com to create them from the sources. When I did a trial
run, they turned out fantastic.

--
Daniel Ruggeri

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.
That's very good, Daniel, thanks!

Next: Helping with ApacheCon EU (community edition) http://apachecon.eu/

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
    Thank you.  But it seems that the SVG files you released are a
little different than the banners here. ^^;

http://www.apachecon.eu/about/publicise/

    The "AapcheCon Europe" text has a gradient pattern in your SVG
files, but not in the banners.  The text "Sinsheim, Germany, 5th-8th
November, 2012" are not positioned the same, and one is italic while the
other is normal.

    It comes more obvious about the speaker banners.  The blue "speaker"
ribbon occupies a separated rectangle at the right on the website PNG,
while in your SVG it looks like hanging from the above.

    So which one should we use if we want to use them?

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by Daniel Gruno <ru...@cord.dk>.

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi.

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.
Daniel:

Do you happen to have SVG versions of the ApacheCon NA logo?

regards
 Steve

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by Daniel Gruno <ru...@cord.dk>.

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
On 2012/10/02 17:29, Daniel Gruno said:
> On 10/01/2012 07:29 PM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> On 10/01/2012 05:09 PM, imacat wrote:
>>> The .psd files are missing "ApacheCon Europe" when I open it with
>>> GIMP, too.  I do not have PhotoShop.
>>>
>>> Could someone please release the SVG vector version of the
>>> banners? Perfectly with text transferred into shapes, to prevent
>>> font substitution problem.  I would like to join it to the
>>> OpenOffice logo and put the result on our social media account
>>> during this time.  Bitmap graphic does not work well merging with
>>> other pictures considering transparency.
>>>
>> With fear of sounding like a broken record; I already released SVG
>> versions of the banner two months ago, if only people would look
>> through the emails that hit this mailing list :)
>>
>> I did a bit of gradient on the logo, so if you want that gone, either
>> let me know or just remove it yourself.
>>
>> Giant PNG: http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apacheconeu.png (48MPixels)
>> SVG: http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apacheconeu.svg (might not render
>> perfectly)
>> PDF: http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apacheconeu.pdf
>>
>> The font used is called Worstveld Sling, and can be downloaded for
>> free at http://www.ffonts.net/Worstveld-Sling-Bold.font.download
>>
>> With regards,
>> Daniel.
>>
> A slight update: I've converted the font to SVG paths, so you don't have
> to install it on your computer. This should also help render it more
> exact. The no-font-required version can be found at:
> http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apacheconeu2.svg
>
> If you need only a specific part, I can recommend using Inkscape to
> import the SVG file and export the specific part you need as a PNG file.

    Thanks.  They are really very helpful.

    I hope these files could be put on the list of banners in the "Help
Publicise", to prevent another one asking again.  Normally when people
are looking for some files and there are copies on the website, they
will not search the list.

    Thanks again.

Re: SVG Source of the Banners

Posted by Daniel Gruno <ru...@cord.dk>.