Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Charlie Smith <Sm...@ldschurch.org> on 2003/06/09 19:38:56 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Error Not enough space: ... What couldbecauseand solution to this error?

Does this information help in locating problem?  I took a couple snap shots of our Unix box statistics before and after restarting the Apache server.   Looks like the Internal Server error did go away after restarting the server.  Others had since reported 502 - Bad Gateway problems.

Statistics gathered would indicated that we went from 50Meg to 1.8 Gig available swap space after restarting the server.
Went from 2.4 Gig allocated to 769 Meg allocated.  Would there be an obvious way to reclaim this swap space without having to restart the server?   Perhaps some setting in Apache config file or at the OS level?

>>> SmithCW@ldschurch.org 06/09/03 11:03AM >>>
How could one tell if this is the case, and what to do to remedie?

>>> peter.mutton1@bell.ca 06/09/03 09:55AM >>>
Looks as if you're out of swap space

Charlie Smith wrote:

> [Mon Jun  9 09:44:54 2003] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] (12)Not enough space: couldn't spawn child process: foo-bar

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.