Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Niranda Perera <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/30 06:09:20 UTC

What is the meaning to of 'STATE' in a worker/ an executor?

Hi,

I have noticed in the Spark UI, workers and executors run on several
states, ALIVE, LOADING, RUNNING, DEAD etc?

What exactly are these states mean and what is the effect it has on working
with those executor?
ex: whether an executor can not be used in the loading state, etc

cheers

--
Niranda

Re: What is the meaning to of 'STATE' in a worker/ an executor?

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.
A LOADING Executor is on the way to RUNNING, but hasn't yet been registered with the Master, so it isn't quite ready to do useful work.

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.