Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by R D <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/01 20:56:39 UTC

CXF Signed SAML

Hello All,
I'm using CXF 2.2, WSS4J 1.57.  I have configured a WSS4JOutInterceptor in
the cxf-context.xml for a service which should return a saml assertion in
the soap header.  When I configure the interceptor to send an Unsigned SAML
token, everything works fine. When I configure it to send a Singed SAML
token, im getting the following error.

Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Error when signing
the SAML token: ; nested exception is:
    org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: General security error (No
certificates were found for SAML signature)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.action.SAMLTokenSignedAction.execute(SAMLTokenSignedAction.java:109)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.doSenderAction(WSHandler.java:201)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JOutInterceptor.access$200(WSS4JOutInterceptor.java:47)
    at
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JOutInterceptor$WSS4JOutInterceptorInternal.handleMessage(WSS4JOutInterceptor.java:221)
    ... 29 more

I'm using my own certificate with a saml.properties and crypto.properties
file. I thougth it was the certificate so, I have checked out wss4j from svn
and replaced my certificate for one of the test and it worked, so i think my
certificate is good.

I have web application and the service (with the properties file, cert) are
in a jar in the WEB-INF\lib directory. I tried copying the certificate in
\lib in \classes and in the webapp root folder, but i still get the same
errror. Anyone have any ideas of how to solve this?

Thanks

RE: CXF Signed SAML

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@progress.com>.

Can you attach the configuration you're using? If possible, can you
provide a test-case?

Colm.