Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by mu...@fantasymail.de on 2007/01/24 13:15:26 UTC

Spoilt for choice.....which Tapestry project to start with

I am starting from scratch with a new Tapestry project...but
I am spoilt for choice and can not decide which Tapestry project
to take to start with:

- the Cognition Framework?
- HoneycombLib?
- AppFuse ?
- JumpStart?
- Tapernate?

The problem with Tapestry is maybe that there is so many decisions to make and no "standard" way of doing it.....before you do your helloWorld

E.g. you have Hibernate Cayenne...Spring, Hivemind, Acegi.....

If you start as a beginner you do not know enough to make a decision - unlike a PHP or dot Net developer, WebObjects developer - they dont have much choice and can just start with it without making hundreds of decision before getting started..................

Maybe some stuff could be "integrated" into Tapesty by default?

Re: Spoilt for choice.....which Tapestry project to start with

Posted by mu...@fantasymail.de.
Thanks! Haven not tried it yet, but JBoss makes the setup more complex....so you have Tomcat, Apache,? the database and JBoss...so 4 things you need to check and make sure they are running all the time.

Why do you need an application server if you use hibernate & hivemind ?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 08:17:40 +1100
Von: Geoff Callender <ge...@mac.com>
An: Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
CC:
Betreff: Re: Spoilt for choice.....which Tapestry project to start with

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@mac.com>.

Posted by Michael Gloegl <mi...@alemo.de>.
Hi,

I would start with just "plain old" Tapestry really, and only integrate
other frameworks/librarys when the need for them arises. I find that
(especially when you are learning) too much frameworkiness only confuses
things.

Greets, Michael