Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Em <ma...@yahoo.de> on 2011/04/22 21:26:12 UTC

Ant is not working in Eclipse

Hello list,

there is a problem with the SVN-Checkout of the current Solr-version, I
think.
I can run ant eclipse, it does not show any errors (needed 20 seconds the
first time and 0.9 seconds afterwards).

However, the classpath-files were not set properly. A click on refresh did
not show the expected changes.
I use Linux Mint 10 (Julia).
On Windows-Systems everything works as expected.

Did you also recognize such a problem?

Regards,
Em

Re: Ant is not working in Eclipse

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
I really do not know why eclipse did not transform the SVN-checked-out
Lucene+Solr into a Java-Development perspective.

However: Ant works. So the problem wasn't Ant.
If you have the same issue, go to your .projects file and look for the
natures-tag.
Add there the  the following lines:

<nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
<nature>org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.nature</nature>

Now Lucene and Solr should be normal java-perspective projects. Be sure to
refresh after you changed the configuration. Perhaps a restart could be
neccessary, depending on your Eclipse-version.

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
I have to correct myself.
I just tried to copy the files manually to the correct destinations. It
showed that those files already are there (however, they did not show up in
the terminal).

What else could be responsible for the fact that the click on refresh does
not show a developer-like view?

Regards,
Em