Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Manfredo Hopp <mh...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/19 21:39:57 UTC

role mapping resources

Hello, is it possible to map roles with a resource?

Thanks

Re: role mapping resources

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 21/11/2014 17:15, Manfredo Hopp wrote:
> My case is your point 2 with possibly scripted SQL, how is group
> provisioning implemented/expected in that case?

Group provisioning works very similarly to user provisioning: create a
resource, define a suitable role mapping for that resource and, when you
assign such resource to a role, this role will be propagated as a group
in the external resource.

Then it comes to the connector for external resource: I am familiar with
Active Directory and LDAP (for which Syncope also provides some helper
classes for keeping membership and password management), but not very
much with the Scripted SQL connector [1]: AFAICT that connector just
gives you the possibility to write groovy scripts that will be invoked
for each operation (create / update / delete / ...).

Marco, can you provide some examples of such scripts? It seems to me
that the Scripted SQL connector is also capable of handling __GROP__
objectclass (for role provisioning) besides __ACCOUNT__ (for user
provisioning): am I right?

Regards.

[1] https://connid.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BASE/Scripted+SQL

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: role mapping resources

Posted by Manfredo Hopp <mh...@gmail.com>.
My case is your point 2 with possibly scripted SQL, how is group
provisioning implemented/expected in that case?

Regards

Re: role mapping resources

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.