Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Archie Cowan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/05 17:02:33 UTC

Tapestry and Spring Web Flow

I've begun evaluating Tapestry for use in some applications that will make
heavy use of multipage forms. I've gotten familar with the component
concepts, basic forms and validation with Enjoying Wed Development with
Tapestry (Excellent tutorial btw). I've found several conversations
regarding integration of Tapestry and SWF and from the SWF change log that
it has Tapestry integration built in now. But being new to both frameworks,
I haven't found it obvious how the two fit together yet. Are there examples
of this combination or articles available? If anyone can share how they've
managed page flow in their Tapestry apps this is also very welcome!

TIA

Archie

Re: Tapestry and Spring Web Flow

Posted by Todd O'Bryan <to...@mac.com>.
I've started doing my multipage forms as single Tapestry pages with a
pageNum property to tell which page I'm on. For example,

<!-- put page 1 code here -->
<!-- page 2 here>

Just remember to either make the properties you have to remember
throughout the several pages persistent, or include them as hidden
field in subsequent pages' forms. The big advantage of doing stuff
this way is that you have access to the whole form from a single page
and can write all your handler code without major gymnastics.

If someone has a reason why this is a bad idea, let me know, please.

Todd

Posted by Ryan <cr...@gmail.com>.
The code that was removed from cvs prior to 1.0 was not functional. It
was a skeleton tapestry 4 integration but was not fully implemented
(atleast the last I checked). I integrated spring webflow with
Tapestry 3 however the implementation ended up being tied closer to
our domain specific tapestry code than I would have liked. Instead of
releasing the code cut into parts I plan on writing documentation
describing the integration so others can follow (if they are still
using tap3 that is =) ).

ryan

Posted by Archie Cowan <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by an...@di.uoa.gr.