Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marco Santos <mp...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/30 03:02:28 UTC

DropDownChoices: How to force a selection.

Hello There.
Im creating a page where the user can either create or update a registry. I
have a few DropDownChoices, and i am trying, on the case o updating a
registry, to set the a specific value of the choices of the dropdownchoice.
Does any one know how? I have tryed to set a value on the PropertyModel that
i use on the creation of the DDC.

Here is the creation of the DDC:

private void buildDistritosComboBox() {
        DistritosModel distritosModel = new DistritosModel();
        SelectedChoice selectedDistrito = new SelectedChoice();//A class
with a variable selectedChoice and it getter and setter
        DropDownChoice distritosDDC = new DropDownChoice("distritos", new
PropertyModel(selectedDistrito, "selectedChoice"), distritosModel);
        distritosDDC.setOutputMarkupId(true);
        distritosDDC.setRequired(true);
}

Thanks a lot
--
Marco Santos

Re: DropDownChoices: How to force a selection.

Posted by Rob Sonke <ro...@tigrou.nl>.
It should work with the value in your model. In your case something like
selectedDistrito.setSelectedChoice(1);

Rob