Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Persson <er...@persson.tm> on 2002/09/30 17:13:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Whats happening on rewrite

I have problems with a rewritebased url that i've created. The problem
does only occur in Internet Explorer as far as I can see.
But to debug this I would need some more information on what actually
happens when a rewrite is performed and maybe if someone got the same
problem?

My rewriterule looks like this,
RewriteRule ^/Produktblad/(.*)  /get_file.php?directory_id=1&file=$1

The problem is that explorer says that the site can not be reached or
something like that. However if I click on a link which takes me to the
same url, everything works as expected. The problem seems to occur when
I write the url by hand in the adressbar.
All of this works fine in Mozilla/netscape and so on, so there must be a
bug in explorer, but I would like to solve it. :)
The errorlog reports nothing different as far as I can see.

I havent found any info about the actual actions performed upon a
rewrite, maybe I missed it so please point me in the right direction or
any advise in general.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Eric