Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/13 21:13:59 UTC

Move KarafEE project to Apache Karaf

Hi,

Some weeks ago (thx to Romain and others) we have discussed about KarafEE
future. This project which is until now part of Apache TomEE was an attempt
to promote JEE concepts top of Karaf Multicontainer OSGI runtime (using
OpenEJB, OpenJPA & OpenWebbeans). Unfortunately, it will not be longer
maintained by TomEE contributors and should find a new home.

This is mainly the reason why I contact TomEE Dev Team to propose to submit
to a vote the following suggestion :
[1] : Moving KarafEE code from Apache TomEE to KarafEE as a subproject

If everybody agree and vote succeed, then I propose to orchestrate the work
of moving the code from TomEE to KarafEE, creating doc pages describing
goals of the projects, ...

Charles Moulliard

Re: Fwd: Move KarafEE project to Apache Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Again, to be clean (sorry if I'm a bit maniac ;)), I will start a vote
with [VOTE] in the subject.

I will deal with that today.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Fwd: Move KarafEE project to Apache Karaf

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Charles,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Fwd: Move KarafEE project to Apache Karaf

Yes, we discussed that already and agree it's the best solution if KarafEE
is considered as a relevant alternative.

Jean-Louis

2013/5/13 Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Some weeks ago (thx to Romain and others) we have discussed about KarafEE
> future. This project which is until now part of Apache TomEE was an
attempt
> to promote JEE concepts top of Karaf Multicontainer OSGI runtime (using
> OpenEJB, OpenJPA & OpenWebbeans). Unfortunately, it will not be longer
> maintained by TomEE contributors and should find a new home.
>
> This is mainly the reason why I contact TomEE Dev Team to propose to
submit
> to a vote the following suggestion :
> [1] : Moving KarafEE code from Apache TomEE to KarafEE as a subproject
>
> If everybody agree and vote succeed, then I propose to orchestrate the
work
> of moving the code from TomEE to KarafEE, creating doc pages describing
> goals of the projects, ...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Charles Moulliard

-
-
-
Jean-Louis

--
Charles Moulliard

Re: Move KarafEE project to Apache Karaf

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charles,

Yes, we discussed that already and agree it's the best solution if KarafEE
is considered as a relevant alternative.

Jean-Louis

2013/5/13 Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Some weeks ago (thx to Romain and others) we have discussed about KarafEE
> future. This project which is until now part of Apache TomEE was an attempt
> to promote JEE concepts top of Karaf Multicontainer OSGI runtime (using
> OpenEJB, OpenJPA & OpenWebbeans). Unfortunately, it will not be longer
> maintained by TomEE contributors and should find a new home.
>
> This is mainly the reason why I contact TomEE Dev Team to propose to submit
> to a vote the following suggestion :
> [1] : Moving KarafEE code from Apache TomEE to KarafEE as a subproject
>
> If everybody agree and vote succeed, then I propose to orchestrate the work
> of moving the code from TomEE to KarafEE, creating doc pages describing
> goals of the projects, ...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Charles Moulliard

Jean-Louis

Re: Move KarafEE project to Apache Karaf

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
I'd support that.  It seems there's simply not enough interest here to sustain it.

-David