Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by necip yanmaz <ya...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 05:31:47 UTC

recommendation needed for very big binary files

Hi,
By using subversion I can easily version code and document files, however I
have really big binary cad files (<100mb) which I want to version,
Could recommend to use any other tool  or  is it  possible to perform these
task via subversion..
thank you for your time..

--
ny

Re: recommendation needed for very big binary files

Posted by Marc Haisenko <ha...@comdasys.com>.
On Tuesday 15 April 2008, necip yanmaz wrote:
> Hi,
> By using subversion I can easily version code and document files, however I
> have really big binary cad files (<100mb) which I want to version,
> Could recommend to use any other tool  or  is it  possible to perform these
> task via subversion..
> thank you for your time..

SubVersion can handle such big files just fine. I have 256MB files in our
repository.

It also handles storing the differences of these files quite efficiently,
granted that not every byte of the file changed :-) This means: if you paln
to edit these files it's better NOT to compress them when storing them in
SubVersion.
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko