Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Tanveer Ahmad - EWI <T....@tudelft.nl> on 2020/06/10 21:22:51 UTC

Running plasma_store_server (in background) on each Spark worker node

Hi all,

I want to run an external command (plasma_store_server -m 3000000000 -s /tmp/store0 &) in the background on each worker node of my Spark cluster<https://userinfo.surfsara.nl/systems/cartesius/software/spark>. So that that external process should be running during the whole Spark job.

The plasma_store_server process is used for storing and retrieving Apache Arrow data in Apache Spark.

I am using PySpark for Spark programming and SLURM for Spark cluster<https://userinfo.surfsara.nl/systems/cartesius/software/spark> creation.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Regards,

Tanveer Ahmad

Re: Running plasma_store_server (in background) on each Spark worker node

Posted by Tanveer Ahmad - EWI <T....@tudelft.nl>.
Hi Micah,

Thank you so much.

I am able to run Plasma in Spark cluster through map() methods on each worker nodes.

Regards,
Tanveer Ahmad

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tanveer,