Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/01 15:13:00 UTC

Differences between conf and topologies

Hi,
What are the main differences between "conf/gateway-site.xml",
"topologies/manager.xml" and "topologies/admin.xml"?
I'm still trying to understand how all work together in Knox.

Per example, I can see there's a section for LDAP configuration on
"topologies/admin.xml" but also as part of "conf/gateway-site.xml". Which
one affects what exactly?

Thanks

Re: Differences between conf and topologies

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.
No. Anything in gateway-site.xml is basically there as defaults and can be
referenced from topologies. Any topology can be configured independently of
what is in gateway-site.xml. Changes in manager.xml would be preferred over
what is in gateway-site if they are topology specific.

Kevin Risden

Posted by Odon Copon <od...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kevin,

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.