Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oliver Rose <ol...@darklegionhq.net> on 2003/03/17 23:08:11 UTC

CD based tomcat (hopefully)

This is probably a daft question to all you experienced tomcat guys, but
it's baffled me for a couple of weeks now.
I've got Tomcat 4.1.12 installed (on Windows XP Pro) in c:\tomcat, and
CATALINA_HOME is set to that in the system environment variables. What I
want to do is to make a copy of it on a CD as a known stable environment
to demonstrate a university project, and have it so I can just stick the
CD in and it starts tomcat and fires up a web browser to my project root
(for example, http://localhost:8080/WebApp)
The web browser bit isn't much of a problem, but if I make a copy of
c:\tomcat in another folder with a startup script that fills in all the
details for catalina_home, java_home (also in a subdir) and so on, the
tomcat server starts up and then dies without creating a log (or at
least, not in the new %catalina_home%\logs folder)

Oliver