Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Alexander B." <al...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/09 17:24:58 UTC

specifications ?

Hi All,
what specifications should I be familiar with if I
want to help with development of derby ? are they
available over internet? any url?

thanks

PS sorry if it's a duplicate email. I'm not sure if
I've sent 1st one.

http://my.yahoo.com

Re: specifications ?

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
Alexander B. wrote:

>Hi All,
>what specifications should I be familiar with if I
>want to help with development of derby ? are they
>available over internet? any url?

SQL Standards - Not officially available on-line as you have to pay to
obtain the copy of the standard. Sometimes a draft versions of the
standard are available on-line, use google to find them.
There are many books on SQL

JDBC 3.0 (and 2.1 sometimes)
   Derby's JDBC implementation notes contain links to the JDBC standards

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/JDBCImplementation.html#Overview

Java
    All the Java related standards are available at
       http://java.sun.com

This might be another good page to create on the Derby site, locations
of standards related to Derby. Though it shouldn't be seen as limiting
in any way, any standard should be seen as a possible integration or
implementation point with Derby.

Dan.