Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by tlwtheq <ta...@shadowfirehosting.com> on 2014/12/23 16:28:56 UTC

Not Getting to "First Base"

Hi,
I'm having trouble getting activemq to start at all,

Error message is:

"Error: Could not find or load main class Files"

Note that I both my PATH and CLASSPATH variables are pointing to the
requisite jars.

So what else am I missing?

Thanks,
Tara

Re: Not Getting to "First Base"

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
As I understand it, extended Windows paths always have an eight-character
short version formed by the first N characters (usually 6) plus ~ and one
or more digits.  Usually "Program Files" was "PROGRA~1" (you can confirm
that by doing "dir C:\PROGRA~1" and seeing if it matches; if not, try
PROGRA~2, PROGRA~3, etc. till you find it), so you could try specifying the
path that way.

Tim

Re: Not Getting to "First Base"

Re: Not Getting to "First Base"

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Are you running Windows with a space in one of your directory names?  The
first two search results I got when I Googled for your error message relate
to problems starting from a path with a space.