Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2012/05/06 15:44:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Names [WAS Re: Apache += Creadur]

On 04/30/12 16:06, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2012-04-30, Mark Struberg wrote:

<snip>

>> Will the name of the maven plugin change?
>
> Creadur is the project name and Rat will remain being a product of the
> Creadur project, so I'd not expect the name to change.  But we haven't
> discussed this explicitly, yet.

 From a branding and trademark perspective, "Apache Rat" is fine as a
product name. So, there's no reason why we need to change it.

I think keeping "Apache Rat" as the name of founding product makes
sense: its well known around Apache and changing the name creates work
for plugin users.

Robert

Re: [DISCUSS] Names [WAS Re: Apache += Creadur]

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 May 2012 14:44, Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 04/30/12 16:06, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>
>> On 2012-04-30, Mark Struberg wrote:
>

> <snip>
>
>>> Will the name of the maven plugin change?
>>

>> Creadur is the project name and Rat will remain being a product of the
>> Creadur project, so I'd not expect the name to change.  But we haven't
>> discussed this explicitly, yet.
>

> From a branding and trademark perspective, "Apache Rat" is fine as a product
> name. So, there's no reason why we need to change it.
>
> I think keeping "Apache Rat" as the name of founding product makes sense:
> its well known around Apache and changing the name creates work for plugin
> users.

+1

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
I agree that the Apache Creadur project can release Apache Rat
artifacts. And Apache Whisker artifacts, and other TBN artifacts.

Craig

On May 6, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Hugo Hirsch wrote:

> Am 06.05.2012 15:44, schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin:
>> I think keeping "Apache Rat" as the name of founding product makes
>> sense: its well known around Apache and changing the name creates
>> work
>> for plugin users.
>

> +1
>
> Hugo

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [DISCUSS] Names [WAS Re: Apache += Creadur]

Posted by Hugo Hirsch <as...@hugo-hirsch.de>.
Am 06.05.2012 15:44, schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin:
> I think keeping "Apache Rat" as the name of founding product makes
> sense: its well known around Apache and changing the name creates work
> for plugin users.

+1

Hugo