Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by manua <ag...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/08 20:20:55 UTC

Is there a limit on message size in activemq cpp

HI,

I am using activemq cpp and planning to send a message of around 100 MB in
size.

Is there a maximum limit on the message size. If yes, how can I modify this
limit.

Thanks,
Manu

Re: Is there a limit on message size in activemq cpp

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 11:20 -0700, manua wrote:
> HI,
>
> I am using activemq cpp and planning to send a message of around 100 MB in
> size.
>
> Is there a maximum limit on the message size. If yes, how can I modify this
> limit.

The client is limited by the encoding done for the OpeWire wire
protocol.  The message body is written with a size prefix of four bytes
so is theoretically limited to 2gb, although sending that large of a
message presents of issues in terms of keeping that much data in memory
at the client and broker.

Regards

--
Tim Bish
------------

Connect at CamelOne May 24-26

The Open Source Integration Conference

Re: Is there a limit on message size in activemq cpp

Posted by manua <ag...@gmail.com>.
HI,

In addition to the previous post,

I am sending a byte message and wants to know if there is a limit on max
size for byte messages.

Thanks,
Manu