Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Steffen Pankratz <kr...@gmx.de> on 2007/07/16 00:31:26 UTC

Using Hashtable instead of ArrayList

Hi,

I'm new in this XML and JaxMe topic.
I managed to create a XML schema and I can marshal my objects and unmarshal the XML file.

My XML file looks like:

<books>
<book name="book1">
	<bookauthor>...</bookauthor>
</book>

<book name="book2">
	<bookauthor>...</bookauthor>
</book>
</books>

The class "BooksImpl" gives me an ArrayList of all the "BookImpl" objects, which have a method getName().
But I would like to get an Hashtable where the name of a book is the key and the book object itself would be the value.

Is this possible to and what should I do to achieve this?

Thank you for your comments and ideas,

Steffen.

--
Hermes powered by LFS SVN-20070420 (Linux 2.6.22.1)

Best regards, Steffen Pankratz.

Re: Using Hashtable instead of ArrayList

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/16/07, Steffen Pankratz <kr...@gmx.de> wrote:

> The class "BooksImpl" gives me an ArrayList of all the "BookImpl" objects, which have a method getName().
> But I would like to get an Hashtable where the name of a book is the key and the book object itself would be the value.
>
> Is this possible to and what should I do to achieve this?

Steffen, I am sorry say, but this is unsupported. You're not the first
one to ask, but noone ever came up with sufficient interest to
actually put work into it.

Jochen

--
"Besides, manipulating elections is under penalty of law, resulting in
a preventative effect against manipulating elections.

The german government justifying the use of electronic voting machines
and obviously  believing that we don't need a police, because all
illegal actions are forbidden.

http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/051/1605194.pdf