Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net> on 2005/11/11 10:25:21 UTC

which recent changes should be incorporated into 3.2-rc3 ?

Hi,

Since starting the vote for releasing 3.2-rc3, two patches were submitted
which could be included into 3.2-rc3.

The first one is Scott's resolution to issue TRQS321 (Criteria is not
serializable). I would like to draw your attention to the fact that this
patch contains a change in the equals() method of the Criteria object, and
could break applications which depend on the current behaviour of
Criteria.equals(). However, as no situation occurs to me where this might
be relevant and as in my opinion, the benefits of the patch outweigh by far
its problems, I would like to include it into the rc unless there are
objections (please raise them if you have any).

The second one is the improvement to the doc task sent in by Hijco
Wijbenga. I t still has some small problems; it these can be resolved
before cutting the release I would like to include it. Are there objections
?

My current plan (which is subject to change, of course) is to cut the
release on Sunday morning CEST this week.

     Thomas