Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2004/09/05 20:20:48 UTC

New offline formats

New offline package formats were added to our build tool set:

- *.war (Konqueror web archive), which can be opened directly by Konqueror
browsers. These files are just tar.gz renamed to .war.

- *.maf.zip (Mozilla archive format), which serve for two purposes. The files
are normal pkzipped archives with exactly one subdirectory containing the
documentation tree and an index.rdf file. So on the one hand you can just
unzip the package as usual, but on the other hand you can install the MAF
extension for mozilla browsers and open these files directly.

Note that both formats can be opened directly *only from local disk*. (Which
is a good thing).

I've built files from the current 2.0 tree, so you can look and test:

http://www.apache.org/~nd/offline/

nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker
:-)

# André Malo, <http://www.perlig.de/> #

Re: New offline formats

Posted by Yoshiki Hayashi <yo...@xemacs.org>.
At Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:20:48 +0200,
André Malo wrote:

> - *.war (Konqueror web archive), which can be opened directly by Konqueror
> browsers. These files are just tar.gz renamed to .war.

FWIW, I tested httpd-docs-2.0.51.ja.war and it worked fine with
Konqueror 3.3.

+1 to adding those packages.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi

Re: New offline formats

Posted by Astrid Keßler <ke...@kess-net.de>.
> - *.maf.zip (Mozilla archive format), which serve for two purposes. The files
> are normal pkzipped archives with exactly one subdirectory containing the
> documentation tree and an index.rdf file. So on the one hand you can just
> unzip the package as usual, but on the other hand you can install the MAF
> extension for mozilla browsers and open these files directly.

for the records:
I've tested the .maf file. It works fine.
+1

Kess