Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Michael Wang (IT)" <MW...@bordersgroupinc.com> on 2002/04/03 20:30:17 UTC

Use Log4J with WebSphere

I'ved asked this question before.

Now my problem is my Log4J works fine with any classes except EJB beans
class. Any idea about how to configure WebSphere 4.0?

I run my J2EE app within WebSphere for a while. Then I examine my log output
file, it has all necessary output from any java classes except EJB beans. I
vaguely remember awhile back
somebody mentioned that Log4J violates EJB spec. Do I need to configure my
WebSphere 4.0 to allow access to the file (the output is file). Thanks.

Re: Use Log4J with WebSphere

Posted by Kevin Steppe <ks...@pacbell.net>.
Log4J doesn't necessarily violate the EJB spec --- configuring from a file or
outputting to a file does.  If you want to use the FileAppender you'll need to
configure your server to allow access to files (I have no idea how to do that).
Alternatively you could use a JDBCAppender (in cvs under org.apache.log4j.jdbc)
and log to your database.

Kevin