Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by co...@google.com on 2008/06/05 20:11:50 UTC

[sling-scala commit] r10 - in trunk/scala-standalone: . src

Author: janandith
Date: Thu Jun  5 10:52:46 2008
New Revision: 10

Added:
   trunk/scala-standalone/src/ScalaScriptEngineFactory.java
      - copied unchanged from r9, /trunk/scala-standalone/ScalaScriptEngineFactory.java
Removed:
   trunk/scala-standalone/ScalaScriptEngineFactory.java

Log:

Re: [sling-scala commit] r10 - in trunk/scala-standalone: . src

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ....could we also grant Janandith limited
>>> commit access to sling svn?...
>>
> ...We discussed that on infrastructure-dev some while ago, see [1], and
> at least there infra didn't have objections, see especially [2].
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/x5qkbqzgsvqamzfw
> [2] http://markmail.org/message/muhpgalbo3tmgnqy

I see the idea, and as the mentor I'd be ready to sponsor Janandith as
a partial committer in a specific whiteboard area or our subversion
repository (after he provides an ICLA, which should be on its way).

I didn't really get how that's setup though, can you clarify, or let
me know what's needed to make this happen? I'd call for a vote first,
of course.

-Bertrand

Re: [sling-scala commit] r10 - in trunk/scala-standalone: . src

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...Since we're using sling-commits for commit notifications and SLING
>> Jira for tracking progress, could we also grant Janandith limited
>> commit access to sling svn?...
>
> That would be nice, do you think Apache infrastructure currently
> allows that?

We discussed that on infrastructure-dev some while ago, see [1], and
at least there infra didn't have objections, see especially [2].

[1] http://markmail.org/message/x5qkbqzgsvqamzfw
[2] http://markmail.org/message/muhpgalbo3tmgnqy

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [sling-scala commit] r10 - in trunk/scala-standalone: . src

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Since we're using sling-commits for commit notifications and SLING
> Jira for tracking progress, could we also grant Janandith limited
> commit access to sling svn?...

That would be nice, do you think Apache infrastructure currently
allows that? We did that in Cocoon in the first GSoC year, but IIRC
infra wasn't too enthusiastic about it. We could create a
whiteboard/gsoc folder and give Janandith write access to that, if
that's possible.

> ...a) The google code commit notifications seem to use a bounce detection
> mechanism that prevents the sender address to be permanently allowed
> to bypass moderation, causing all commit messages to be individually
> moderated....

Ok, that's not usable then - I have suppressed the notifications for now.

> ...b) If and when the code becomes a part of Sling proper, it would be
> nice if we could keep the full svn history. The easiest way to do that
> is to have the code in sling svn right from the beginning....

Sure - my idea was to use the google code project as a scratchpad, and
commit via jira patches at regular intervals. But of course, if the
code lives in our svn right away that'd be better.

-Bertrand

Re: [sling-scala commit] r10 - in trunk/scala-standalone: . src

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> I have setup the GSoC google code project commits to be sent here, but
> I see that's too noisy, I'll stop that now.
>
> Is anyone opposed to using sling-commits@incubator.apache.org for
> those notifications?

Since we're using sling-commits for commit notifications and SLING
Jira for tracking progress, could we also grant Janandith limited
commit access to sling svn?

Two practical reasons:

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 06.06.2008, 09:25 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup the GSoC google code project commits to be sent here, but
> I see that's too noisy, I'll stop that now.
>
> Is anyone opposed to using sling-commits@incubator.apache.org for
> those notifications?

No, I just want to propose it. I think it valuable to have the commit
mails here at sling but sling-commits is probably more appropriate.

Thanks.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.