Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shailender Jain <sh...@teleatlas.com> on 2004/06/09 07:44:40 UTC

Connection Pooling

I have fished developing the application using Struts and Tomcat 5.0.16
as server.

We used the Connection Pooling provided by Struts (DBCP)

After the development we have realized that somewhere in the application
the connection is not
getting closed. Due to this the application is getting hang very
frequently. We have actually assumed that the application gets hang due
this reason only.

Is there any way to DEBUG where in the application where the connection
is not getting closed.

Regards
Shailender Jain

Re: Connection Pooling

Posted by Masashi Nakane <na...@mie-com.co.jp>.
Check

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html

's abandanded something  parameters.

I am not sure about how to apply this to Struts Datasource.

I've just replaced  Struts Datasouce with tomcat JNDI datasource with DBCP.
to decouple  Struts and DAOs.

Masashi

Re: Connection Pooling

Posted by Shailender Jain <sh...@teleatlas.com>.

Thanks for your attention.

Re: Connection Pooling

Posted by Masashi Nakane <na...@mie-com.co.jp>.

Re: Connection Pooling

Re: Connection Pooling

Posted by Masashi Nakane <na...@mie-com.co.jp>.
I'm using Oracle and when I meet that situation,
i check the DB session (v$session) and operate GUI .
When number of DB sessions increase, that is the timing .

And Some other guy says the set the max number of connectons to 1.

hope this help

Re: Connection Pooling

Posted by Shailender Jain <sh...@teleatlas.com>.
Thanks for the response.

I am using the "getConnection(request)" method to get the connection
and then "connection.close()" to close the connection.

"getConnection()" and "close()" both are in library files provided by struts
(DBCP).
Therefore it is difficult to put the counter in these methods.
Any idea how can we put the counters in these methods?
Or there is any way in which if i increase the DEBUG level and investigate the
log file generated by Tomcat (catalina.out)

Re: Connection Pooling

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rk...@gmail.com>.