Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/10/07 11:23:39 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "Hbase/PoweredBy" by Przemek

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by Przemek:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PoweredBy

  [http://www.yahoo.com/ Yahoo!] uses HBase to store document fingerprint for detecting near-duplications. We have a cluster of few nodes that runs HDFS, mapreduce, and HBase. The table contains millions of rows. We use this for querying duplicated documents with realtime traffic.

+ [http://www.subrecord.org SubRecord Project] is an Open Source project that is using HBase as a repository of records (persisted map-like data) for the aspects it provides like logging, tracing or metrics. HBase and Lucene index both constitute a repo/storage for this platform.
+