Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/01 06:36:50 UTC

Re: How to process messages from a JMS provider into SMX?

L.S.,

When the JMS or JCA flow are enabled, you'll get a queue per endpoint
indeed.  Whether or not these are persistent, needs to be configured
http://servicemix.apache.org/6-configuring-servicemix.html.  However,
using this approach, every MessageExchange will get
serialized/deserialized on every send.  If you want to ensure that
messages are being saved intermediately while processing, I would
personally recommend you to stick to your original approach with the
jms consumer/provider endpoint or add jms endpoints in your camel
route to get the same result, without the overhead of sending all
messages over JMS.  This will also get you ready for ServiceMix 4
where we no longer have the JMS flow.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com