Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2021/12/05 21:11:17 UTC

Release 4.3.0 ... and 4.4.0

 From https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/1115#issuecomment-986275510

PR 1115 is an update of the Fuseki UI and is looking good.

There are still a few things to sort out around clearing up to remove
the old UI files and update LICENSE and NOTCIE files.

4.3.0 has a lot of internal churn for networking changes (java.net.http)
and reworking things to make local dataset and remote dataset have the
same API and style ("paying down tech debt"). It retires OSGi formally
and introduces xloader for very large loads for TDB2.

Overall, it's quite big internal improvements may not be perfect.

My suggestion is release 4.3.0 now and have a 4.4.0 in, say, January
that is focused on this Fuseki UI and maybe (not critical path) other
Fuseki evolution. One I think we should consider is like distributing
the WAR file by link from the download page, not in the zip file.

     Andy

Re: Release 4.3.0 ... and 4.4.0