Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/11 21:03:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-340: Allow kafka-reassign-partitions.sh and kafka-log-dirs.sh to take admin client property file

Hi all,

I have created KIP-340: Allow kafka-reassign-partitions.sh and
kafka-log-dirs.sh to take admin client property file. See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-340%3A+Allow+kafka-reassign-partitions.sh+and+kafka-log-dirs.sh+to+take+admin+client+property+file
.

This KIP provides a way to allow kafka-reassign-partitions.sh and
kafka-log-dirs.sh to talk to broker over SSL. Please review the KIP if you
have time.

Thanks!
Dong

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-340: Allow kafka-reassign-partitions.sh and kafka-log-dirs.sh to take admin client property file

Posted by Attila Sasvári <as...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks for the explanation.

In the meantime, I have also tested your patch with an SSL-enabled broker,
and kafka-log-dirs worked well.

Regards,
- Attila

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.