Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Seshu Kumar <se...@onrelay.com> on 2006/11/27 18:09:00 UTC

problem with new schema and dump afterwards in APACHEDS

HI ,

        I created a new schema library file (jar), using the procedure
mentioned in
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/Custom+Schema

         Now when I mentioned my schemas in server.xml's bootstrapSchemas
section. It seems working fine after restarting the server.

         Now the actual problem is when I give dump command on the command
line as below,

java -jar apacheds-tools.jar dump -i "C:\apacheds-1.0.0" -p onrelay -f
dump.ldif

         it is giving an error saying,

(org.springframework.core.Coll

ectionFactory).

Exception in thread "main"
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStore

Exception: Error registering bean with name 'configuration' defined in URL
[file

:/C:/apacheds-1.0.0/conf/server.xml]: Could not parse inner bean definition;
nes

ted exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:

 Error registering bean with name '' defined in URL
[file:/C:/apacheds-1.0.0/con

f/server.xml]: Bean class
[org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.Pre

ferenceSchema] not found; nested exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.PreferenceSchema

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error
registerin

g bean with name '' defined in URL
[file:/C:/apacheds-1.0.0/conf/server.xml]: Be

an class
[org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.PreferenceSchema] no

t found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.direct

ory.server.core.schema.bootstrap.PreferenceSchema

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.bootst

rap.PreferenceSchema

        at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:109)

Please suggest me, if any mistakes are made in my config or any other
places. Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,

Seshu Kumar.

Re: problem with new schema and dump afterwards in APACHEDS

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

obviously, the PreferenceSchema.jar is not found by the JVM. Have you put it
into the <server>/lib directory ?

As stated in the wiki :
"First of all you want to add your jar to the ${installHome}/lib directory.
This will automatically pick up your jar and add it to the classpath when
the server starts."

If this is the case, then we have a pb.

Can you give us some feedback ?

Thanks !