Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Kashyap Vaswani <ka...@stanford.edu> on 2001/05/09 03:05:49 UTC

Getting values of Local Environment Variables in Servlets using Tomcat3.2.1 ?

We are having problems getting the values  the local CGI environment
variables in our servlets  using Tomcat3.2. It works fine with Jserv and
the we are able to export these variables using  Jserv.   But we are not
able to do that with Tomcat3.2.1. These variables are being set by
authentication system and we are able to retrieve them through simple
cgi/perl script as well.  We are able to get the values of these
variables in Jserv using ---

Object attrsObj = req.getAttribute("org.apache.jserv.attribute_names");
Is there    some equivalent method or some other way of getting local
environment variables in Tomat3.2.1 by changing either  the source code
or configuration files ?

Kashyap Vaswani
Software Developer,
Academic Computing Department,