Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michał Drozd <md...@retsat1.net> on 2003/06/24 02:28:15 UTC

using html:form from plain java code

Hi,

What is the best practice to generate html output equivalent to use
html:form jsp tag. I need to use it in for example servlet (just example
, in fact there is just plain java class that generates html output. It
is very modular thing, so simple jsp isn't solution). This problem is
touching some other tags either.

I found at least 2 solutions:

1/ simulating using html:form tag (calling doStartTag, doEndTag etc by
hand) -- this solution needs a lot of 'doing nothing' code. I found this
solution quite uggly (maybe someone found/wrote some framework for
calling jsp tag code in simple java class ??). Unfortunatelly i haven't
found time to do it yet. (but i plan it)

2/ Looking into FormTag code and rewrite this code to my code.
-- this can be incompatible with future versions of struts ....

Anyone found similar problems ??
Any solutions ??

Best regards,

--