Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by CURRAN Chad / FTR&D / ATFREEDOM <ch...@rd.francetelecom.com> on 2001/03/12 20:50:41 UTC

Passing dynamic values to a logicsheet

After much work and help from list users, I can create and debug taglibs and
logicsheets easily. However, I still haven't reached my goal.

I'm trying to wrap my sql in a taglib that handles all the connection and
login stuff. I'm successful, except that I can only pass a static string. If
I try to include a variable in the query_text node (below), the variable
name gets passed through instead of the variable evaulating. I haven't been
able to find a way to make it evaulate. Any suggestions?

Below are the xml file that calls the taglib, and the string that the taglib
gets passed.

my xml file:

	<?xml version="1.0"?>

	<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
	<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
	<?xml-logicsheet href="sqlwrapper.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
	<?xml-stylesheet href="displayzaps_html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
	<xsp:page language="java"
	 xmlns:sqlwrapper="http://u-curran:8080/taglib_test/sqlwrapper"
	 xmlns:sql="http://www.apache.org/1999/SQL"

		<page>
			<xsp:logic>
				String username =
request.getParameter("username");
			</xsp:logic>

			<customtag:query>
				<customtag:query_text>
					SELECT *
					FROM AFRAWIMPULSEDATA, AFCATALOGITEM
					WHERE AFRAWIMPULSEDATA.VENDORLOGIN =
'<xsp:expr>username</xsp:expr>'
						AND AFCATALOGITEM.CATITEMID
= AFRAWIMPULSEDATA.CATITEMID
						AND RKEY1 NOT IN (SELECT
UNIQUE RKEY1 FROM AFZAPVIS WHERE APPNAME='AMAPAGE' OR APPNAME='MESZAPS')
					ORDER BY TIMESTAMP DESC
				</customtag:query_text>
			</customtag:query>
		</page>
	</xsp:page>

in my taglib, <xsl:value-of select='customtag:query_text'/> outputs the text
below:

					SELECT *
					FROM AFRAWIMPULSEDATA, AFCATALOGITEM
the problem >>>>	WHERE AFRAWIMPULSEDATA.VENDORLOGIN = 'username'

Re: Passing dynamic values to a logicsheet

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, CURRAN Chad / FTR&D / ATFREEDOM wrote:

> After much work and help from list users, I can create and debug taglibs and
> logicsheets easily. However, I still haven't reached my goal.
>
> I'm trying to wrap my sql in a taglib that handles all the connection and
> login stuff. I'm successful, except that I can only pass a static string. If
> I try to include a variable in the query_text node (below), the variable
> name gets passed through instead of the variable evaulating. I haven't been
> able to find a way to make it evaulate. Any suggestions?

search in the mailing list for messages on 'get-nested'. look at the esql
logicsheet. (can't fathom why it wouldn't fit your needs anyway, but
whatever floats your boat! :))

- donald