Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2009/12/01 23:49:00 UTC

Is Felix trunk on 2.2 now?

I noticed that some tickets are being resolved against 2.2, so I take
it to mean trunk is now 2.2.  However, I'll need to be maintaining and
supporting 2.0.x for a while yet, so I have a couple of questions:

1. What was the last 2.0.x commit?  The 2.0.2 release?
2. Is there any chance of a maintained branch in the felix codebase,
or am I left to maintain a fork?
3. Does this mean there will be no more official 2.0.x releases?

Don

Re: Is Felix trunk on 2.2 now?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 12/1/09 6:21 PM, Don Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Karl Pauls<ka...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Don Brown<mr...@twdata.org>  wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed that some tickets are being resolved against 2.2, so I take
>>> it to mean trunk is now 2.2.
>>>
>> Not necessarily. We will move them back if we don't go to 2.2 with the
>> next release.
>>
> Ok, so I take this to mean that all the changes being made now could
> still be considered stable bug fixes that shouldn't impact backwards
> compatibility in terms of API or functionality?  I'm trying to
> determine which commits are safe to merge back into my stable branch.

Yes.

-> richard

Re: Is Felix trunk on 2.2 now?

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Re: Is Felix trunk on 2.2 now?

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> I noticed that some tickets are being resolved against 2.2, so I take
> it to mean trunk is now 2.2.

Not necessarily. We will move them back if we don't go to 2.2 with the
next release.

> However, I'll need to be maintaining and supporting 2.0.x for a while yet, so I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. What was the last 2.0.x commit?  The 2.0.2 release?
> 2. Is there any chance of a maintained branch in the felix codebase,
> or am I left to maintain a fork?

I think we already discussed this and iirc we did say that we aren't
against somebody maintaining a branch but that we don't know yet when
we go up to 2.2.

> 3. Does this mean there will be no more official 2.0.x releases?

I don't know atm.

regards,

Karl

--