Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/06 14:15:21 UTC

A clean checkou give error

I'm getting this error when I try to checkout from behind a VPN. The
thing is: just happens in the middle of the check out, what is really
weird:

     [exec] svn: Your .svn/tmp directory may be missing or corrupt;
run 'svn cleanup' and try again
     [exec] svn: Can't open file
'modules\com.yell.echannel.infrastructure\src\java\com\yell\echannel\infrastructure\sap\exceptions\.svn\tmp\text-base\InvalidSortcodeOrApplicationNumberApplicationException.java.svn-base':

Emerson Cargnin

Re: A clean checkou give error

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 6, 2006, at 16:15, emerson cargnin wrote:

> I'm getting this error when I try to checkout from behind a VPN. The
> thing is: just happens in the middle of the check out, what is really
> weird:
>
>     [exec] svn: Your .svn/tmp directory may be missing or corrupt;
> run 'svn cleanup' and try again
>     [exec] svn: Can't open file
> 'modules\com.yell.echannel.infrastructure\src\java\com\yell\echannel
> \infrastructure\sap\exceptions\.svn\tmp\text-base
> \InvalidSortcodeOrApplicationNumberApplicationException.java.svn-
> base':
> The system cannot find the path specified.

Possibilities:

* That's a really long path (186 characters). Doesn't Subversion use
relative paths, and doesn't Windows have problems with relative paths
longer than 255 characters? I realize 186 is not greater than 255,
but maybe this problem is still relevant?

* Can there be a case collision? Do you have another file in the same
directory whose name is also
"InvalidSortcodeOrApplicationNumberApplicationException.java" but
where the capitalization is different?