Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by xod <xo...@thestonecutters.net> on 2004/08/03 20:17:20 UTC

Cactus starts testing too quickly

My cactus test starts before jboss has had a chance to fully start up.
Is there a way I can delay the cactus testing? I am enclosing the
fragment of jboss server.log that shows the problem. Thank you!

cactus 1.5, ant 1.5.4, IDEA 4.0, jboss 3.0.7, Win XP, j2se 1.4

--
KERRY SI A FLIP-FLOPAR VOET BUSH LOL!

RE: Cactus starts testing too quickly

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi,

Yes, this is a known issue with JBoss...

We've added a sleep timer exactly for this use case:

/**
 * Sets the time to wait after the container has been started up.
 *
 * The default time is 1 second.
 *
 * Note: This is a hack while waiting for container specific solutions
 * that tell exactly when the server is started or not. ATM, the only known
 * issue is with JBoss, where the servlet engine is started before the full
 * JBoss is started and thus it may happen that we try to shutdown JBoss
 * before it has finished starting, leading to an exception.
 *
 * @param theStartUpWait The time to wait in milliseconds
 */
public void setStartUpWait(long theStartUpWait)
{
    this.startUpWait = theStartUpWait;
}

If you're using the <cactus> Ant task, you can write the following:

<cactus [...]
  <containerset>
    <jboss3x [...] startUpWait="2000"/>
[...]