Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by DreamTangerine <dr...@hotmail.com> on 2011/07/22 18:11:50 UTC

Progress of Drawing in SWT or WPF or OpenGL

Any progress ?
How I can help ?

Thanks
DreamTangerine.

Re: Progress of Drawing in SWT or WPF or OpenGL

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
this is something we have scheduled (many months ago) for Pivot 3.0
(in development next year) because it needs many changes in many
places ... I remember that Greg made some tests on it.

An old thread on this is here:
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/Re-Pivot-SWT-td412953.html

I absolutely agree on OpenGL support (for example even for Android, at
least for some parts), but things are no-so-simple and dependencies
will be more complex (there are many implementations to chose from,
and any of them requires native code, are big libraries, etc) ... so
if anyone is interested even for discussion, help is welcome :-) .

Note that something has already been done (but not by us):
http://www.interactivemesh.org/testspace/j3dmeetspivot.html
but from our point of view we should abstract the graphics back-end
inside Pivot.

I don't find a dedicated issue for this in our JIRA (I was sure
something already existed), could be time to create one and start to
put some info there ...

Comments ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Progress of Drawing in SWT or WPF or OpenGL

Posted by DreamTangerine <dr...@hotmail.com>.
On vie, 2011-07-22 at 13:36 -0400, Greg Brown wrote:

OK, I will think and play with this
http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/agile2d/

and think how to integrated with pivot.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.