Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/07 15:54:18 UTC

[DOCS] Update on preparation for translation

Hi all,

Quick update on preparation for translation of documentation.

I wrote documentation on how to write docs and how to do translation:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=c9dd19097f3a4982677f5aa5e2497e7526530e35

I committed to master and cherry-picked to 4.1. I believe that's the right process to keep the two in sync.
I am not considering this as a feature and we are not in doc freeze yet. So I think this is the way to go.

I also prepared the docs for transifex, committed the following to master:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=195c6c15febb51888d7f82110b9b50a3771e260e

And just cherry picked it to 4.1

I also finished the french translation of the updated runbook, built it and published it at:
http://people.apache.org/~sebgoa/fr-FR/index.html

This is mainly for people to see the finished product.

As documentation gets written and added for 4.1, I will keep the translation resources up to date on the transifex site.
Once we enter the doc freeze, I will start pulling all complete translations and we can work on building the docs.

One caveat is that some languages may not render properly on pdf and we may have to use html.

One question for everyone:

Oncee a translation is complete we have so called PO files in the docs directory. Check the run book branch:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=35bd910e8397d3b03632c1a18e789e6ec09e49ad

Do we want to commit all these PO files in the repository ?

Cheers,

-Sebastien

Re: [DOCS] Update on preparation for translation

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 03:54:18PM +0100, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Quick update on preparation for translation of documentation.
>
> I wrote documentation on how to write docs and how to do translation:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=c9dd19097f3a4982677f5aa5e2497e7526530e35
>
> I committed to master and cherry-picked to 4.1. I believe that's the right process to keep the two in sync.
> I am not considering this as a feature and we are not in doc freeze yet. So I think this is the way to go.
>
> I also prepared the docs for transifex, committed the following to master:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=195c6c15febb51888d7f82110b9b50a3771e260e
>
> And just cherry picked it to 4.1
>
> I also finished the french translation of the updated runbook, built it and published it at:
> http://people.apache.org/~sebgoa/fr-FR/index.html
>

> This is mainly for people to see the finished product.
>
> As documentation gets written and added for 4.1, I will keep the translation resources up to date on the transifex site.
> Once we enter the doc freeze, I will start pulling all complete translations and we can work on building the docs.
>
> One caveat is that some languages may not render properly on pdf and we may have to use html.
>
> One question for everyone:
>
> Oncee a translation is complete we have so called PO files in the docs directory. Check the run book branch:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=35bd910e8397d3b03632c1a18e789e6ec09e49ad
>
> Do we want to commit all these PO files in the repository ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Sebastien

Sebastien,

Thank you very much for helping organize all of the translation work!
It's very much appreciated...

-chip